GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINSApr 10, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-26-8-5; 81 pts.) vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (38-24-7-4; 87 pts.)
Iowa Wild battles the Grand Rapids Griffins at Van Andel Arena for the team’s final road game of the regular season. Iowa currently sits in fifth place in the Central Division with 81 points, while the Griffins are in second place with 87 points. Iowa is 3-1-1-0 this season against the Griffins, including a 2-0-0-0 record in Grand Rapids.
The Wild dropped a 5-1 contest to the Milwaukee Admirals on April 6. Forward Matt Read scored the lone goal for the club, his 16th of the season, while forward Gerry Mayhew and defenseman Carson Soucy recorded the assists. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 26 of 31 shots in the loss.
- Iowa currently has a four-game win streak against Grand Rapids at Van Andel Arena.
- Michigan native Gerry Mayhew has 10 points (7g, 3a) in 12 career games against the Griffins.
- Mayhew has 14 points (6g, 8a) in his last 10 games, third-most in the league during that stretch.
- Minnesota reassigned forwards Ryan Donato, Jordan Greenway and Luke Kunin to Iowa on April 9.
- Grand Rapids fell to the San Jose Barracuda in overtime by a score of 5-4 on April 6.
- Forward Chris Terry leads the Griffins with 61 points (29g, 32a) in 67 games this season.
- Forward Martin Frk is currently riding a six-game point streak, amassing nine points (3g, 6a) during that stretch.
- Detroit reassigned eight players to Grand Rapids on April 7.