GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MANITOBA MOOSENov 22, 2018
Iowa Wild (11-4-1-1; 24 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (8-8-1-0, 17 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out the season series against the Moose with a two-game set against Manitoba, the first of which takes place Friday night. Iowa sits in second place with 24 points while Manitoba is in sixth place in the Central Division with 17 points. Iowa is 9-2-1-0 all-time at Manitoba.
The Wild snapped its winning streak but extended its point streak to four games with a 3-2 loss in the shootout to the Milwaukee Admirals Wednesday night. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 31 of 33 shots while forwards Mike Liambas and Cal O’Reilly recorded goals in the loss.
- With a primary assist on forward Cal O’Reilly’s goal against the Admirals, forward Sam Anas recorded his 100th career AHL point.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen’s shutout streak was stopped at 222:22, the longest in franchise history.
- Iowa’s eight goals against Manitoba on Oct. 7 is the most goals for in a single game this season in the AHL.
- The Wild has scored first in 12 games this season, tied for second most in the AHL.
- Manitoba fell to the Chicago Wolves by a score of 4-2 on Nov. 18.
- Forward Mason Appleton leads the Moose with 15 points (7g, 8a) in 17 games.
- Forward JC Lipon has seven points (3g, 4a) in his last six games.
- Winnipeg reassigned forward Kristian Vesalainen to the Moose on Nov. 20.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.