GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MANITOBA MOOSENov 24, 2018
Iowa Wild (11-4-2-1; 25 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (9-8-1-0, 19 pts.)
Iowa Wild faces off against the Manitoba Moose Saturday afternoon for the fourth and final time in the 2018-19 season. This year, Iowa is 2-0-1-0 against the Moose and has a five-game point streak against Manitoba. The Wild is second in the Central Division with 25 points, while the Moose is in fifth with 19 points.
The Wild suffered a 4-3 overtime loss at the hands of the Moose Friday evening, with goaltender CJ Motte stopping 29 of 33 shots in the contest. Forward Luke Kunin recorded his fourth multi-point game of the season with a point and an assist. Forwards Mitch McLain and Gerry Fitzgerald were the other goal scorers for the Wild.
- Forward Gerry Fitzgerald’s plus-11 is the best mark among AHL rookies and tied for seventh among all skaters.
- Forward Mike Liambas’ eight points this season (4g, 4a) is tied for the most in a single season in his AHL career, doing so in 36 fewer games.
- Iowa is currently riding a five-game point streak and a six-game road point streak.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen was recalled under emergency basis to Minnesota on Nov. 23, before being reassigned to Iowa on Nov. 24.
- Forward Mason Appleton recorded his fourth multi-point effort of the season with a goal and an assist against Iowa Friday night.
- Defenseman Tucker Poolman’s goal against Iowa was his first of the season and his first since Jan. 20, 2018.
- Forward Logan Shaw has six points (3g, 3a) in five games since joining the Moose on Nov. 12.
- Goaltender Eric Comrie has a 2.17 goals against average and a .941 save percentage in six games at home this season.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.