GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MANITOBA MOOSE 1.6.18Jan 6, 2018
Iowa Wild (15-11-6-3; 39 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (24-6-2-2; 52 pts.)
Iowa Wild continues its three-games-in-three-days stretch with a home contest against Manitoba Moose. Saturday’s meeting is the third of eight during the 2017 season and the teams split their first two games at Wells Fargo Arena in October.
Iowa faced-off against Milwaukee Admirals in a back-and-forth affair, which saw three different lead changes and ended with the hosts earning the win in the shootout. Wild forward Christoph Bertschy scored the game’s first goal in the first period, followed by Admirals forward Anthony Richard before the close of the opening frame. Wild forward Kyle Rau opened the scoring in the second, before Richard tallied his second of the game. Later, defenseman Alex Grant gave the Wild a 3-2 lead in the second period, which held until late in the third, when Admirals forward Harry Zolnierczyk scored to make it 3-3. The game went to the shootout and the Admirals maintained their perfect record in the skills competition, scoring on all three chances and securing the extra point.
- An Iowa player has recorded a multi-point game in two of the team’s last three contests (Cannone, 2a; O’Reilly, 2a).
- Center Pat Cannone leads the Wild in goals (11) and points (24).
- Iowa owns a 6-4-0-0 record all-time against Manitoba at Wells Fargo Arena.
- 2018 AHL All-Star Luke Kunin has three points (2g, 1a) in his last four games and six points (4g, 2a) in his last eight games.
- Forward Zack Mitchell was reassigned to Iowa Tuesday, returning to the AHL after spending 21 games with Minnesota this season.
- Manitoba faces Iowa in three of its next five games.
- The Moose dropped its first game of 2018 4-3 in overtime to Chicago on Jan. 5.
- Manitoba owns the best record (24-6-2-2) and points percentage (.765) in the AHL.
- Forward Buddy Robinson has 32 points (16g, 16a) in 34 games with the Moose and ranks seventh among active AHL skaters in scoring.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Cleveland 1/7 5:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 1/13 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 1/14 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Chicago 1/17 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Bakersfield 1/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.