GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MANITOBA MOOSE 3.11.18Mar 11, 2018
Iowa Wild (27-18-8-5; 67 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (36-16-4-4; 80 pts.)
Iowa Wild has a brief one-game stint at home to face off against the Central Division leading Manitoba Moose Sunday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Sunday’s contest is the eighth and final meeting between these two teams, with Iowa holding a 3-3-1-0 record against the Moose in 2017-18.
The Wild fell to San Antonio 4-3 in the shootout Friday night, closing out a six-game road trip with a 1-2-1-2 record. Forward Justin Kloos contributed to every Iowa goal, recording two tallies and a helper in the contest. Defenseman Zach Palmquist scored the other goal for the Wild.
- Forward Justin Kloos has 41 points (18g, 23a) on the season, setting a new record for points by a rookie in a single season.
- Forward Sam Anas has 46 points (20g, 26a) in 2017-18, tying the record for points in a single season by a Wild player.
- Defenseman Viktor Loov has recorded an assist in three of his last four games.
- The Wild is one of three teams with three or more defenseman with more than 25 points (Alex Grant, Ryan Murphy, Zach Palmquist).
- Iowa has the league’s best penalty-kill at home with an 89.5 percent success rate.
- Manitoba defeated Chicago Wolves 2-1 Saturday night.
- Forward Nic Petan has a 13-game point streak, recording 19 points (8g, 11a) in those 13 games.
- Defenseman Sami Niku leads all AHL defenseman in points with 43 (12g, 31a).
- Manitoba’s away power play ranks third in the AHL with a 21.6 percent rating.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Rockford 3/13 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 3/14 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 3/17 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Chicago 3/18 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Rockford 3/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.