GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 16, 2018
Iowa Wild (9-4-1-0; 19 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (9-5-3-0; 21 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out a four-game homestand with Friday night’s contest against the Milwaukee Admirals, when the team hosts its annual Red Kettle Game. With fans decked out in red, the two teams will battle for the second of six times this season. Milwaukee is currently in first place in the Central Division with 21 points, while Iowa is in second, trailing the Admirals by just two points.
For the second time in as many starts, goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen pitched a shutout as the Wild defeated the Admirals by a score of 3-0 Wednesday evening. Defenseman Carson Soucy and forward Mason Shaw both notched multi-point games, with Soucy recording his first goal since October of 2017. Forwards Luke Kunin and Gerry Fitzgerald scored the other two goals for Iowa.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen hasn’t allowed a goal in 147:55, the second longest shutout streak in Iowa Wild history.
- Kahkonen’s 0.99 goals against average, .962 save percentage and two shutouts all lead the AHL for qualified goaltenders.
- Iowa has earned points in four consecutive games against Milwaukee, going 3-0-1-0 during that stretch.
- Forward Mason Shaw’s nine assists are tied for the second most among all active AHL rookies this season.
- Forward Gerry Fitzgerald’s plus-9 is the best mark among all AHL rookies.
- Wednesday’s game marked the first time Milwaukee was shut out all season.
- Milwaukee’s seven power-play goals against are the tied for the second lowest in the league.
- Defenseman Matt Donovan is tied for the most power-play goals among AHL defensemen with five.
- The Admirals have registered the third-most points on the road, earning 11 in nine games (5-3-1-0).
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.