GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSDec 29, 2018
Iowa Wild (16-8-4-3; 39 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (16-11-5-1, 38 pts.)
Iowa’s five-game homestand continues with a contest against the Milwaukee Admirals Saturday evening. Just one point separates the two teams in the standings, as Iowa is in second with 39 points and Milwaukee is in fourth with 38. Saturday’s game is also the last time Milwaukee heads to Wells Fargo Arena this season.
Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen earned his fourth shutout of the season when he blanked the Rockford IceHogs 4-0 Wednesday evening. Forward Will Bitten earned his first professional goal in the contest and added to tallies by defenseman Matt Bartkowski and forwards Gerry Fitzgerald and Matt Read.
- Forward Justin Kloos is in the midst of a three-game point streak, recording eight points (3g, 5a) during that stretch.
- Kloos’ eight points in his last three games leads the AHL in that timeframe.
- Forward Mason Shaw leads all rookies with 18 assists this season.
- Minnesota Wild assigned forward Joel Eriksson Ek to Iowa on Dec. 28.
- Eriksson Ek has nine points (4g, 5a) in nine career AHL games and has recorded a point in each of his last four games in the AHL.
- Milwaukee fell to the Chicago Wolves on Dec. 26 by a score of 4-1.
- Forward Anthony Richard paces the Admirals with 21 points (12g, 9a) in 30 games.
- Defenseman Matt Donovan is tied for first among blueliners for power-play goals with seven.
- The Admirals signed defenseman Desmond Bergin to a professional tryout agreement on Dec. 28.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.