GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSJan 25, 2019
Iowa Wild (23-13-4-3; 53 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (21-16-6-1, 49 pts.)
Iowa heads to Milwaukee for just the second time this season as the two teams face off in a Central Division battle. The Wild currently sits in third place in the Central with 53 points while Milwaukee is in fourth with 49 points. Iowa is 3-0-0-1 against the Admirals this season.
Iowa continued its stellar play against the Rockford as the team defeated the IceHogs by a score of 4-1 Monday afternoon. Forward Kyle Rau netted a pair of goals while defenseman Hunter Warner recorded his first of the season and forward Will Bitten notched an empty-netter. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 18 of 19 shots in the win.
- Iowa has a seven-game point streak against the Admirals dating back to last season, going 5-0-1-1 during that stretch.
- Five Iowa players are riding a point streak of three games or longer (Sam Anas, Cal O’Reilly, Joel Eriksson Ek, Gerry Mayhew and Kyle Rau).
- The Wild’s 28 first goals and 41 points when scoring first are tops in the AHL.
- Minnesota reassigned forwards Joel Eriksson Ek and Luke Kunin to Iowa on Jan. 24.
- Milwaukee defeated the San Antonio Rampage by a score of 7-3 Tuesday evening.
- Forward Anthony Richard paces the Admirals with 30 points (17g, 13a) in 41 games.
- Richard recorded the first hat-trick of his career against San Antonio on Tuesday.
- Nashville reassigned forward Colin Blackwell to Milwaukee on Jan. 24.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.