GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS 4.14.18Apr 13, 2018
Iowa Wild (32-27-10-6; 80 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (38-31-4-2; 82 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out its season with a road contest against Milwaukee Admirals for the second game of a back-to-back with the divisional rival. The game marks the 10th contest of the season, with Iowa holding a 3-4-1-1 record against Milwaukee.
The Wild shut out the Admirals in the first game of the home-and-home series. In front of 8,505 fans at Wells Fargo Arena, forwards Pat Cannone, Cal O’Reilly and Kyle Rau each notched a goal, while goaltender CJ Motte recorded his second shutout in five games with the Wild, stopping 26 shots.
- With the Wild’s win against Milwaukee, the team set a single-season record for home victories with 18.
- Kyle Rau is riding a four-game point streak (6 points; 3g, 3a) and has 18 points (9g, 9a) in his last 16 games.
- Since March 13, Rau’s 18 points rank tied for second in the AHL.
- Forward Pat Cannone will appear in his 500th professional game and forward Cal O’Reilly will play in his 600th AHL game against Milwaukee Saturday.
- Milwaukee was shut out for the sixth time this season.
- The Admirals hold a 19-14-2-2 record at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena in 2017-18.
- Forward Frederick Gaudreau’s 11 points (6g, 5a) since March 25 is tied for second among all AHL skaters.
- Forward Zeb Knutson became the first pro from South Dakota when he made his professional hockey debut against Iowa Friday night.
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.