GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSOct 6, 2019
Iowa Wild (1-0-0-0; 2 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (0-0-0-0; 0 pts.)
For the first time since Game 5 of the 2019 Central Division Semifinals, the Iowa Wild and the Milwaukee Admirals will play against each other as the Wild celebrates Kids Opening Day on Sunday afternoon. Sunday’s contest is the second of four straight home games for the Wild, while Milwaukee opens their 2019-20 slate on Sunday.
The Wild earned its first win of the season in a thriller against the Rockford IceHogs Friday evening. Forward JT Brown deflected home a shot with 15 seconds remaining on the clock to earn the victory. Forwards Gabriel Dumont and Gerry Mayhew also netted goals in the win, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 24 of 26 shots.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew recorded his 50th AHL goal and 100th AHL point with a tally on Friday night.
- Mayhew led the Wild in scoring against the Admirals last season, notching five points (1g, 4a) in six games.
- The Wild has won its last seven contests against the Admirals at Wells Fargo Arena, including playoffs.
- Last season, the Wild outscored the Admirals 25-2 at home in the regular season and playoffs.
- Sunday marks the second time in three years the Admirals opens its season against the Wild.
- Milwaukee opens its campaign on the road for the fifth consecutive season.
- The Admirals have won their last three season openers.
- Forward Anthony Richard returns as Milwaukee’s leading scorer, recording 47 points (24g, 23a) in 73 games.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.