GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 19, 2019
Iowa Wild (9-4-2-1; 21 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (11-3-1-2; 25 pts.)
An important early season tilt between the two clubs, the Wild and Admirals will meet Tuesday night at Wells Fargo Arena in a battle of the top two teams in the Central Division. The Wild currently trail the Admirals by four points but are 2-0-0-0 against Milwaukee this season. All-time, Iowa is 23-22-3-4 against Milwaukee, including a 12-12-2-0 record at home.
A back-and-forth affair saw the Wild drop a 4-3 contest to the Chicago Wolves Sunday evening in the second game of a home-and-home series. Rookie forward Connor Dewar recorded his first professional goal and assist in the contest, while forwards Gerry Mayhew and Kyle Rau also chipped in tallies in the game. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 19 of 23 shots in the loss.
- Iowa has an eight-game win streak against Milwaukee at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont is skating in his 500th AHL game tonight.
- Iowa has outshot its opponents 291-192 at home this season, averaging a shot differential of +12.38 per game.
- The Wild’s 37 goals against are the fewest of any team in the AHL.
- Milwaukee defeated the Belleville Senators by a score of 4-2 on Nov. 16.
- Reigning AHL MVP Daniel Carr leads the Admirals with 16 points (9g, 7a) in 13 games.
- Milwaukee heads into the contest with a seven-game win streak, the team’s last loss coming against the Wild on Nov. 1.
- Nashville recalled forward Mathieu Olivier and defenseman Steven Santini from Milwaukee on Nov. 18.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.