GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ONTARIO REIGNJan 19, 2019
Iowa Wild (21-13-4-3; 49 pts.) vs. Ontario Reign (12-17-4-2, 30 pts.)
Iowa’s homestand continues with a rematch against the Ontario Reign Saturday evening. All-time against the Reign at Wells Fargo Arena, the Wild are 1-1-0-1. Heading into the contest, Iowa sits in third in the Central Division with 49 points while the Reign are in seventh in the Pacific with 30 points.
The Wild had its five-game home winning streak snapped as the team fell to the Ontario Reign 6-5 Friday evening. Iowa battled back from a 5-2 deficit to tie the game at 5-5 in the middle of the third period, but Ontario’s potted the Mike Amadio potted the game-winner for the visitors. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 21 of 27 shots in the loss.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly’s four-point night was the most since Jan. 20 vs. Milwaukee.
- Forward Kyle Rau’s four goals since Jan. 14 is the most in the AHL during that time span.
- Iowa’s two power-play goals were the most for the team since Dec. 21 vs. Stockton.
- Defenseman Matt Bartkowski is playing in his 500th professional game tonight.
- Ontario’s three-game point streak is the second-longest such streak of the season for the team.
- Forward Mike Amadio’s three-point night was his second such effort of the season.
- Forward Matt Moulson currently has a three-game point streak, registering six points (5g, 1a) during that stretch.
- Forward Sheldon Rempal recorded the first Gordie Howe hat trick of his career against Iowa on Friday.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.