GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. ONTARIO REIGNNov 10, 2019
Iowa Wild (7-3-2-1; 17 pts.) vs. Ontario Reign (8-3-2-0; 18 pts.)
The Wild and Reign will meet for the final time this season at Wells Fargo Arena as the two teams square off on Iowa’s annual Pucks & Paws Night. The Wild head into the contest still in first place in the Central despite dropping its two most recent contests, while the Reign are tied with the Tucson Roadrunners for first place in the Pacific Division.
The Wild faltered against the Reign in the first of back-to-back contests against the Pacific Division club. Forward Gerry Mayhew netted his team-leading seventh goal, while forward Nico Sturm cashed in for his third tally of the season. Both goals came on the man advantage. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 27 of 30 shots in the contest.
- Twelve of Iowa’s 35 goals this season have come on the power play.
- Iowa has scored two 5-on-5 goals or fewer in every game this season.
- The Wild have killed off 23 of its last 25 penalty kills in last their eight contests and rank third in the league with a 92.5 percent penalty kill.
- Goaltender Mat Robson’s 2.13 goals against average and .936 save percentage is the best mark for a netminder with one or fewer wins.
- Defenseman Austin Strand had his first multi-goal game since April 10, 2019 vs. Stockton with his pair of goals against Iowa.
- Defenseman Paul LaDue netted his first goal since Jan. 21, 2019 vs. St. Louis when he was a member of the Los Angeles Kings.
- Goaltender Cal Petersen has started every game for the Reign this season.
- In his home state of Iowa, Petersen owns a career 2-2-0 record with a 3.05 goals against average and a .912 save percentage.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.