GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSJan 4, 2019
Iowa Wild (19-8-4-3; 45 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (15-14-3-4, 37 pts.)
Iowa makes a quick stop at home to face off against the Rockford IceHogs at Wells Fargo Arena on Friday evening. The Wild currently sit in first place in the Central Division with 45 points while the IceHogs are in sixth place with 37 points.
The Wild took sole possession of first place in the Central Division with a 3-1 victory against the Chicago Wolves Wednesday evening. Forward Matt Read recorded his first multi-goal effort of the season while forward Joel Eriksson Ek extended his goal streak to three games with his fourth of the season. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 28 of 29 shots in the win for his first back-to-back victories since Oct. 27-Nov. 2.
- Iowa has scored an empty-net goal in each of its last four games.
- Forward Justin Kloos has 17 points (6g, 11a) in his last 12 games, which ranks second in the AHL during that stretch.
- The Wild are currently on a four-game winning streak, where Iowa goaltenders have allowed just three goals during that stretch.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen is 3-0-0 with a 0.32 goals against average and a .989 save percentage in three games against Rockford this season.
- Kahkonen and forward Cal O’Reilly were named to the Central Division team for the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic.
- Rockford fell to the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 2-1 on Jan. 2.
- Forward Anthony Louis and defenseman Darren Raddysh pace the IceHogs with 21 points each.
- Rockford averages the least amount of penalty minutes per game with 10.58.
- Rockford recalled defensemen Josh McArdle and Neil Manning from the ECHL’s Indy Fuel on Jan. 3.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.