GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGS - 11.4.18Nov 4, 2018
Iowa Wild (7-2-0-0; 14 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (5-3-1-2; 13 pts.)
Iowa and Rockford wrap up their busy weekend this afternoon, as they play for the second straight day. Puck drop is scheduled for 5 p.m. Central. The game marks the second of 10 meetings in the season series and the first at Wells Fargo Arena. Overall, the two teams are in a stretch where they play three times in five days.
The Wild collected their second shootout victory in as many games, slipping past the Ice Hogs, 2-1 on Saturday night. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen (29 saves) was perfect in the shootout, as he helped Iowa move to 4-0 in games that go past regulation.
- Winger Sam Anas is three-for-three in shootouts this season, including two game-winners.
- The Wild have won four straight games, the second longest, active streak in the AHL (Charlotte: 5).
- Iowa leads the AHL with five home ice victories.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell has recorded one assist in all five games he’s played this season.
- Rockford has played past regulation in three straight games, and four of their last seven contests have required at least overtime.
- Winger Anthony Louis scored the team’s lone goal last night, and he posted a team-high, six shots on goal.
- Goaltender Collin Delia has allowed two goals or fewer in three consecutive appearances, and he’s made more than 30 saves five times in seven games played this season.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.