GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSJan 21, 2019
Iowa Wild (22-13-4-3; 51 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (17-18-3-5, 42 pts.)
Iowa closes out its four-game homestand with an afternoon matinee against the Rockford IceHogs Monday. The meeting will be the seventh of 10 matchups between the two teams, with Iowa owning a 4-2-0-0 record against Rockford this season. Iowa sits in third in the Central Division with 51 points while Rockford is in seventh with 42.
Iowa got back in the win column with a 4-2 victory against the Ontario Reign Saturday evening, overcoming a two-goal deficit in the process. Both Sam Anas and Cal O’Reilly recorded two tallies in the contest, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 26 of 28 shots in the victory.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly’s has six points (3g, 3a) over the weekend, the most in the AHL.
- Forwards Sam Anas, Gerry Mayhew and O’Reilly all have multi-point games in back to back contests.
- Forward Kyle Rau is riding a three-game point streak, recording six points (4g, 2a) during that stretch.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen is 4-0-0 this season against the IceHogs, posting a 0.24 goals against average, a .992 save percentage and three shutouts.
- Rockford defeated the Chicago Wolves in overtime by a score of 3-2 Saturday evening.
- Forward Anthony Louis leads the IceHogs with 26 points (10g, 16a) in 43 games.
- Goaltender Anton Forsberg has made 30 or more saves in seven of his last 10 outings.
- Forward Graham Knott recorded the first multi-point effort of his career against Chicago Saturday.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.