GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSJan 26, 2019
Iowa Wild (24-13-4-3; 55 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (18-19-3-5, 44 pts.)
For the second time in a week, the Iowa Wild and Rockford IceHogs will face off in a Central Division contest. Iowa currently leads the division with 55 points while the IceHogs are in seventh with 44 points. This season against Rockford, Iowa is 5-2-0-0, going 2-1-0-0 at BMO Harris Bank Center.
The Wild recorded its fifth win streak of three games or more when Iowa skated away with a 3-0 victory against the Milwaukee Admirals Friday night. Forward Will Bitten opened the scoring just 31 seconds into the contest, with forwards Sam Anas and Matt Read adding goals in the third. Goaltender Andrew Hammond notched the shutout, his first in an Iowa Wild sweater.
- Four Iowa players (Sam Anas, Cal O’Reilly, Joel Eriksson Ek and Gerry Mayhew) have point streaks of four or more games.
- O’Reilly’s 10 points (3g, 7a) since Jan. 18 leads the AHL during that stretch.
- Iowa has scored a power-play goal in each of its last four games, going 6-for-11 (54.5 percent) during that stretch.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen is 5-0-0 against the IceHogs this season, posting a 0.39 goals against average and a .986 save percentage.
- Rockford downed the Manitoba Moose by a score of 4-3 in the shootout Friday night.
- Forward Anthony Louis leads Rockford with 26 points (10g, 16a) in 45 games this season.
- Rockford’s 16 overtime games lead the AHL.
- Goaltender Kevin Lankinen earned his first career AHL shootout victory on Friday night.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.