GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSFeb 16, 2019
Iowa Wild (27-16-4-3; 61 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (23-21-3-5; 54 pts.)
Iowa carries its three-game win streak into Rockford as the Wild faces off against the IceHogs for the ninth of 10 times in the 2018-19 season. Saturday’s contest also marks the fifth and final time the two teams will battle at BMO Harris Bank Center. Iowa currently sits in second place in the Central Division with 61 points while the IceHogs are in fifth with 54 points.
The Wild once again earned a come-from-behind, overtime victory with a 3-2 win against the San Antonio Rampage on Feb. 9 for the team’s Pink in the Rink game. Defenseman Carson Soucy potted the game-winner with J.T. Brown adding his first tally in an Iowa Wild sweater when he tied the game with 8.2 seconds left. Also in the contest, forward Gerry Mayhew extended his goal lead with his 17th of the year and goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 20 of 22 shots.
- Forward J.T. Brown’s game-tying goal with 8.2 seconds left in regulation was the latest the Wild have scored in the third period this season.
- The win on Feb. 9 marked the first time in franchise history the Wild have won back to back games in OT.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew currently is riding a three-game goal streak, the longest such streak of his career.
- The Wild’s 32 first goals and 47 points when scoring first lead the league.
- Rockford fell to the Texas Stars by a score of 3-2 on Feb. 12.
- The IceHogs’ active leading scorer is former Wild forward Jordan Schroeder, who has 29 points (11g, 18a) in 43 games.
- Rockford’s 529 PIM and 10.17 PIM per game are the lowest marks in the AHL.
- Forward Dylan Sikura was recalled to Chicago on Feb. 11.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.