GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSApr 13, 2019
Iowa Wild (36-26-8-5; 85 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (35-29-4-6; 80 pts.)
Game 76 is finally here for the Wild and there’s a playoff berth at stake. The Wild takes on the Rockford IceHogs Saturday evening in the final regular season game for the Wild. Iowa currently sits in third place in the Central Division with 85 points, while the IceHogs are in seventh place in the Central with 80 points.
The Wild staged a comeback victory against the Chicago Wolves, claiming a 2-1 victory Friday night. Captain Cal O’Reilly scored both goals in the contest, his 15th and 16th of the season. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 23 of 24 shots in his 18th win of the year.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly set the franchise record for points in a single season with his game-tying goal Friday, his 65th of the season.
- Iowa’s win gave the team 36 on the season, tying the franchise record for a single campaign.
- Iowa’s 25 overtime games rank second in the league and its 37 points rank fourth.
- The Wild owns the best home power play in the AHL, converting on 28.6% of its man advantages.
- Rockford defeated the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 4-3 in overtime on April 9.
- Forward Peter Holland leads the IceHogs in points, recording 65 points in 72 games split between Rockford and Hartford.
- Forward Dylan Sikura has six game-winning goals, the most by any Rockford rookie in team history.
- Forward Reese Johnson notched his first career multi-point game on Tuesday with a goal and an assist.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.