GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEDec 14, 2018
Iowa Wild (14-6-4-2; 34 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (10-15-1-0, 21 pts.)
For the first time in the 2018-19 season, Iowa Wild and the San Antonio Rampage will take the ice to face one another. Iowa is 12-10-3-3 against the Rampage all-time, including a 6-3-2-3 record at AT&T Center. Iowa is in first place in the Central Division with 34 points while San Antonio is in eighth with 21 points.
The Wild suffered a 6-3 loss to the Texas Stars Wednesday evening, the first loss by more than two goals for Iowa this season. Forwards Gerry Fitzgerald, Colton Beck and Dmitry Sokolov all potted goals for the Wild, with Fitzgerald becoming the first player to hit double-digit tallies for the team this year. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen suffered the loss, stopping 24 of 29 shots.
- Forward Colton Beck has six points (2g, 4a) in his last three games, tied for second-most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Iowa has a power-play goal in each of its last three games after failing to score on the man advantage in the six games prior.
- The Wild is the only team in the AHL to have a player in the top 5 in goals and assists for rookies (Gerry Fitzgerald, 10 goals; Mason Shaw, 14 assists).
- Forward Mike Liambas eclipsed the 1,000 professional PIM mark Wednesday night against Texas.
- San Antonio defeated the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 2-1 on Dec. 8.
- Forward Jordan Nolan leads the Rampage with 15 points (7g, 8a) in 24 games.
- Forward Joey LaLeggia’s penalty shot goal at 4:23 in overtime was the latest penalty shot goal in the AHL this season.
- St. Louis reassigned forward Jordan Kyrou to San Antonio on Dec. 11.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.