GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEDec 16, 2018
Iowa Wild (14-6-4-3; 35 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (11-15-1-0, 21 pts.)
Iowa closes out a three-game road trip with a matinee against the San Antonio Rampage at AT&T Center Sunday afternoon. The contest will be the final road game of the calendar year for the Wild. Iowa is in second place in the Central Division with 35 points while San Antonio is in eighth with 23 points.
The Wild fell to the Rampage by a score of 4-3 in the shootout Friday evening, the 13th time this season Iowa needed overtime or the shootout to decide a winner. Forwards Matt Read, Colton Beck and Justin Kloos recorded goals in the contest while goaltender CJ Motte stopped 31 of 34 shots in the loss.
- Forward Justin Kloos is in the midst of a five-game point streak, tied for the longest such streak of his career, and has seven points (3g, 4a) during that stretch.
- Kloos and forward Colton Beck are both tied for the second-most points in the league in their last five games with seven (3g, 4a each).
- Iowa’s 13 OT games and seven shootouts both lead the AHL.
- The Wild is one of six teams in the AHL to have a positive goal differential in every period.
- Forward Jordan Kyrou’s three assists Friday was a single-game career-high.
- Kyrou currently has a five-game point streak, notching 10 points (4g, 6a) during that stretch.
- San Antonio is 8-0 in its last eight shootouts, with the team’s last loss in the shootout coming on March 18, 2017.
- The Rampage has won six of its last seven games at AT&T Center, outscoring opponents 23-15 during that stretch.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.