GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEJan 9, 2019
Iowa Wild (20-9-4-3; 47 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (17-18-1-0, 35 pts.)
Iowa heads down to Texas for a two-game series against the San Antonio Rampage, starting with a contest Wednesday evening. The Wild are in first in the Central Division with 47 points, which is also good for first in the Western Conference, while the Rampage are in seventh place with 35 points. Iowa is 0-1-0-1 against the Rampage in 2018-19, the only Central Division team the Wild has yet to earn a win against this season.
The Wild had its five-game win streak snapped Sunday afternoon as the team fell to the Rockford IceHogs by a score of 6-2. Iowa forwards Colton Beck and Justin Kloos both scored their 12th goal of the season in the loss, tying forward Gerry Fitzgerald for the team lead. Goaltender Andrew Hammond made 21 saves on 26 shots in the loss.
- Forward Justin Kloos has 13 points (5g, 8a) in his last eight games, tied for the most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Iowa is a perfect 25-for-25 on the penalty kill in its last six games.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen leads the AHL in shutouts with five and has the best goals against average (2.28) among active AHL netminders.
- Minnesota recalled forward Joel Eriksson Ek and reassigned defenseman Ryan Murphy to Iowa on Jan. 8.
- San Antonio fell to the Chicago Wolves by a score of 3-1 on Jan. 5, snapping a four-game winning streak in the process.
- The Rampage are led by rookie Jordan Kyrou, who has 23 points (10g, 13a) in 23 games this season.
- San Antonio is currently riding a seven-game winning streak at home.
- St. Louis recalled forward Sammy Blais and reassigned defenseman Jordan Schmaltz to San Antonio on Jan. 7.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.