GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEJan 11, 2019
Iowa Wild (20-10-4-3; 47 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (18-18-1-0, 39 pts.)
Iowa continues its Texas road trip with a contest against the San Antonio Rampage at AT&T Center Friday night. The game is the fourth and final road contest against the Rampage this season for the Wild. Iowa currently is in first place in the Central Division with 47 points while the Rampage are in seventh with 39.
A back-and-forth contest between the Rampage and Wild saw San Antonio skate away with a 5-4 victory. Defenseman Brennan Menell and forward Sam Anas both recorded a goal in the contest, while defenseman Carson Soucy registered the first multi-goal effort of his career with two tallies. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 23 of 28 shots in the loss.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has five points (1g, 4a) in three games against the Rampage this season.
- Wednesday’s contest marked just the second time the Wild have lost back-to-back games in regulation this season.
- Forward Justin Kloos is tied for the league lead with four shorthanded points (1g, 3a).
- Iowa has scored first in a league-high 25 games, posting a 16-4-3-2 record and 37 points, the second-best mark in the AHL.
- San Antonio set a franchise record with its eighth consecutive home win Wednesday evening.
- Forward Jordan Kyrou has six points (1g, 5a) in three games against the Wild this season.
- The Rampage are 6-for-12 on the power play in their last two games against the Wild.
- St. Louis recalled forward Mackenzie MacEachern from San Antonio on Jan. 10, where he made his NHL debut against Montreal.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.