GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEFeb 8, 2019
Iowa Wild (25-16-4-3; 57 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (23-21-2-0; 48 pts.)
Iowa holds a brief two-game homestand this weekend against the San Antonio Rampage, beginning with Friday night’s 7:00 p.m. puck drop. Iowa sits in second in the Central Division with 57 points, while San Antonio is in seventh with 48 points. The matchup will be the first of four meetings at Wells Fargo Arena this year, but the Wild is 0-3-0-1 against the Rampage in the season series.
The Wild snapped its three-game losing streak with a 4-2 victory against the Pacific Division-leading San Jose Barracuda Tuesday evening. Forward Gerry Mayhew potted his 14th and 15th goals of the season, taking over the team lead in the category, with defenseman Louie Belpedio and forward Colton Beck adding the other tallies. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 24 of 26 shots, earning his first road win since Dec. 1 in the process.
- Defenseman Michael Kapla recorded his first points in an Iowa sweater Tuesday evening with two assists, his first multi-helper game since Oct. 12.
- Each of Iowa’s past eight games has featured an empty-net goal for either the Wild or its opponent.
- The Wild’s 35 points at home are the third-best mark in the league and its 16 home wins are fourth.
- Minnesota Wild recalled forward Joel Eriksson Ek on Feb. 6.
- San Antonio defeated the Grand Rapids Griffins by a score of 2-0 on Feb. 1.
- Forward Jordan Kyrou leads the Rampage with 29 points (12g, 17a) in 29 games this season.
- Friday’s contest marks the beginning of the “Rodeo Trip,” a 10-game, 21-day road trip for the Rampage.
- San Antonio’s 20 wins against divisional opponents are second-most in the Central.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.