GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEMar 12, 2019
Iowa Wild (31-18-7-5; 74 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (27-28-6-0; 60 pts.)
Iowa welcomes San Antonio to Wells Fargo Arena for a quick two-game series beginning Tuesday evening. Iowa is in third place in the Central Division with 74 points while San Antonio is in eighth place with 60. Iowa is 2-3-0-1 this season against the Rampage, with both wins coming in Des Moines.
The Wild ended its six-game road trip with a 4-1 loss at the hands of the Chicago Wolves Saturday evening. Forward Kyle Rau scored the lone goal for Iowa, with forward Cal O’Reilly and defenseman Michael Kapla earning the assists. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made 29 of 33 saves in the contest.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has a four-game point streak, recording 10 points (2g, 8a) during that stretch, which leads the AHL in that time frame.
- O’Reilly’s helper Saturday was his 500th professional assist in his career.
- Forward Kyle Rau became the first player in Wild history to record back-to-back 20-goal seasons with his tally against Chicago Saturday.
- The Wild has allowed the first goal in three consecutive contests, the longest drought without the opening tally this season.
- Iowa has a seven-game point streak at home, going 5-0-1-1 during that stretch.
- San Antonio fell to the Texas Stars by a score of 7-4 Sunday evening.
- Forward Jordan Kyrou leads the Rampage with 42 points (16g, 26a) in 43 games.
- San Antonio is the only club in the AHL with rookies as three of the team’s top four scorers.
- Forward Ryan Olsen has eight points (5g, 3a) in his last eight games.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.