GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEMar 15, 2019
Iowa Wild (32-18-7-5; 76 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (27-29-6-0; 60 pts.)
Iowa finishes up a quick two-game set with the San Antonio Rampage Friday evening as the two teams face off at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild currently are tied for second place in the Central Division with 76 points, while San Antonio is in eighth with 60 points. The Wild have won all three contests against the Rampage in Des Moines this season.
The Wild saw its home point streak extended to eight games as the team defeated the Rampage by a score of 4-1 Tuesday evening. Forwards Will Bitten, Cal O’Reilly and Kyle Rau all recorded goals in the contest, with Rau notching a multi-goal, three-point night. Goaltender Andrew Hammond won his fourth straight outing, stopping 25 of 26 shots.
- The Wild’s eight-game point streak at Wells Fargo Arena set a new franchise record.
- Forward Kyle Rau’s 15 power-play goals are tied for the most in the AHL.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly currently has a five-game point streak, his longest such streak of the season, amassing 12 points (3g, 9a) in that stretch.
- Iowa’s plus-39 goal differential at home is the second-best mark in the AHL.
- Defenseman Mitch Reinke ranks fourth among rookie blueliners in assists with 30.
- San Antonio has lost its last five road contests.
- Forward Ryan Olsen has nine points (5g, 4a) in his last nine games.
- St. Louis reassigned forward Jordan Kyrou to San Antonio on March 14.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.