GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN DIEGO GULLSJan 14, 2019
Iowa Wild (20-12-4-3; 47 pts.) vs. San Diego Gulls (19-11-1-3, 42 pts.)
Iowa kicks off a four-game homestand Monday evening with the first and only meeting between the Wild and Gulls. Iowa heads into the contest sitting in fourth place in the Central Division with 47 points while the Gulls are in third in the Pacific Division with 42 points. Iowa is 0-3-1-0 all-time against the Gulls.
The Wild saw its losing streak extend to four games as Iowa fell to the Texas Stars by a score of 4-2. Forwards Sam Anas and Matt Read scored within 21 seconds of each other, with Anas scoring his fifth of the season and Read, his 10th. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 34 of 37 shots in the loss.
- Forward Justin Kloos’ 15 points (5g, 10a) in his last 11 games is the tied for the most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Forward Mason Shaw recorded his first point since Dec. 26 with his assist against the Stars Saturday night and his 19 assists are the third-most among all AHL rookies.
- Iowa’s 29 points at home are the fourth-most in the AHL.
- Iowa is the only team in the league with a top-five power play and penalty kill at home.
- San Diego defeated the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 5-2 Saturday night.
- Forwards Sam Carrick and Troy Terry lead all Gulls scorers with 37 points apiece.
- The Gulls currently are riding a 13-game point streak, a franchise record, going 11-0-0-2 during that stretch.
- Goaltender Kevin Boyle has a 10-game win streak, posting a 2.19 goals against average and a .923 save percentage during his streak.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.