GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN DIEGO GULLSFeb 2, 2019
Iowa Wild (24-15-4-3; 55 pts.) vs. San Diego Gulls (23-13-2-3; 51 pts.)
Iowa continues its California road trip with a contest against the San Diego Gulls. The Wild head into the game in second place in the Central Division with 55 points, while the Gulls are in third in the Pacific Division with 51 points. Iowa is 1-3-1-0 all-time against San Diego.
Iowa dropped a 4-2 contest to the Bakersfield Condors Friday night in the first game following the All-Star Break. Forwards Gerry Mayhew and Mason Shaw potted goals for the Wild, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 29 of 32 Condors shots.
- Forward Mason Shaw’s goal Friday night was his first since Nov. 8 against the Condors, a span of 33 games.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has recorded nine points in his last six games, which ranks third-most in the AHL during that stretch.
- The Wild have scored a power-play goal in five of its last six contests, going 7-for-15 (46.7 percent) during that stretch.
- Iowa has scored first in 30 of its 46 games, which leads the AHL.
- San Diego defeated the Ontario Reign by a score of 6-1 Friday night.
- Forward Sam Carrick has 40 points (21g, 19a) in 36 games, which leads the Gulls.
- Former Wild forward Justin Kloos will face his previous team for the first time since being traded to the Ducks organization on Jan. 16.
- Forward Sam Steel recorded four points against Ontario on Friday, tying a rookie record for points in a single game for the Gulls.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.