GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN JOSE BARRACUDAFeb 21, 2019
Iowa Wild (27-16-6-4; 64 pts.) vs. San Jose Barracuda (28-12-2-4; 62 pts.)
Iowa’s three-game homestand continues as the San Jose Barracuda comes to town. Both teams sit in second place in their respective divisions; Iowa with 64 points and San Jose with. 62. All-time, Iowa is 2-0-1-0 against the Barracuda, including a win on home ice in 2016.
The Wild had its point streak extend to six games as the team fell to the Texas Stars in overtime by a score of 2-1 Tuesday evening. Fresh off a reassignment from Minnesota, forward Kyle Rau scored the only goal for the Wild. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 35 of 37 shots in the loss.
- Kyle Rau’s 10 power-play goals set a franchise record for most in a single season and rank fourth-most in the AHL.
- Iowa’s 20 overtime games lead the league in the category.
- The Wild’s current six-game point streak has featured five consecutive games with an extra frame, the second time this season the Wild have played 5-plus games with OT.
- The Wild’s 40 points at home rank second in the AHL.
- San Jose defeated the San Diego Gulls by a score of 5-2 Monday.
- Forward Alexander True paces the Barracuda with 40 points (17g, 23a) in 46 games this season.
- San Jose is 5-1-0-1 this season against the Central Division, with the lone regulation loss coming against the Wild on Feb. 5.
- Defenseman Nick DeSimone currently is on a career-best seven-game point streak amassing eight points (2g, 6a) during that stretch.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com