GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. STOCKTON HEATDec 21, 2018
Iowa Wild (14-7-4-3; 35 pts.) vs. Stockton Heat (12-13-2-0, 26 pts.)
Iowa opens up a five-game homestand with a contest against the Stockton Heat, the first meeting between these two teams in the 2018-19 season. The Wild enter the game in third place in the Central Division with 35 points, while the Heat are in fifth place in the Pacific Division with 26 points.
The Wild closed out its three-game road trip with a 5-2 loss to the San Antonio Rampage on Sunday afternoon. The Rampage recorded four power-play goals in the contest, the most Iowa has allowed in a single game all season. Forwards Gerry Mayhew and Matt Read each registered a goal in the game, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 25 of 30 shots.
- Forward Matt Read has three points (2g, 1a) in his last three games and seven points (3g, 4a) in his last 10 contests.
- Through 28 games, the Wild have 18 skaters who have recorded at least one multi-point outing.
- Iowa has allowed four or more goals in five of its last six games.
- Iowa reassigned goaltender CJ Motte to the ECHL’s Allen Americans on Dec. 18.
- Stockton fell to the Bakersfield Condors by a score of 3-2 in overtime on Dec. 19.
- The Heat are led by forward Kerby Rychel, who has 21 points (13g, 8a) in 25 games.
- Forward Curtis Lazar is tied for the league lead in shorthanded goals with three.
- Forwards Buddy Robinson and Ryan Lomberg were recalled from Stockton to Calgary, while Rychel was reassigned from Calgary to Stockton.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.