GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TEXAS STARSJan 12, 2019
Iowa Wild (20-11-4-3; 47 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (20-11-3-2, 45 pts.)
Iowa closes out its Texas road trip with a contest against the Texas Stars in Cedar Park Saturday evening. The two teams are separated by just two points in the standings, with Iowa in second with 47 points and Texas in fourth with 45.
The Wild dropped its third consecutive game in regulation for the first time in the 2018-19 season as the team fell to the San Antonio Rampage by a score of 3-1 Friday evening. Forward Gerry Mayhew recorded the lone goal for the Wild in the contest, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 23 of 26 shots in the loss.
- Forward Matt Read has four points (2g, 2a) in his last four road games.
- Iowa has scored first in its last four games and seven of its last eight.
- Forward Colton Beck has a four-game point streak against the Stars, notching four points (2g, 2a) during that stretch.
- Iowa is one of three teams in the AHL to post a positive goal differential in every period (other: Rochester and Texas).
- Texas defeated Rockford by a score of 4-3 in the shootout Friday evening.
- Forward Joel L’Esperance leads active Stars players with 32 points (20g, 12a) in 36 games.
- L’Esperance’s 20 goals lead all AHL rookies and rank second among all players in the league.
- Texas is 9-0-0-1 in its last 10 games at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.