GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARS 10.12.18Oct 12, 2018
Iowa Wild (2-0-0-0; 4 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (1-0-1-0; 3 pts.)
Iowa Wild looks to carry momentum from a historic opening weekend into a contest against Texas on Friday, with a 7:00 p.m. scheduled puck drop. Through two games, the Wild lead the Central Division with a 2-0-0-0 record and four points, while Texas sits in fourth place with a 1-0-1-0 record and three points.
The Wild set a record for most goals scored in a home game while securing the first back-to-back wins to start a season when the team defeated the Manitoba Moose by a score of 8-1 Sunday afternoon. Forward Mason Shaw led the way with a three-point night in a game where 14 players recorded a point. Goaltender Andrew Hammond earned the win, stopping 26-of-27 shots and even notched an assist.
- Forward Mike Liambas will play in his 300th AHL game tonight against Texas.
- Forward Mason Shaw became the first player since Luke Kunin to record three-points when registering his first career point when he tallied a goal and two assists against Manitoba Sunday afternoon.
- Forward Luke Kunin will appear in his first game of the season and his first since tearing his ACL with Minnesota on March 4, 2018.
- Forward Will Bitten will make his professional debut tonight, coming over in a trade with Montreal on Oct. 3, 2018.
- Texas dropped an overtime contest to Milwaukee by a score of 4-3 on Oct. 6.
- Forward Travis Morin leads Texas in scoring all-time against Iowa, notching 21 points (6g, 15a) in 22 games against the Wild.
- Goaltender Colton Point made his professional debut on Saturday, stopping 21 shots in the loss.
- Texas holds a 9-4-0-0 record against the Wild at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.