GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TEXAS STARSFeb 19, 2019
Iowa Wild (27-16-5-4; 63 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (25-21-3-2; 55 pts.)
Iowa opens a three-game homestand at Wells Fargo Arena Tuesday night when the team faces off against the Texas Stars. Despite being 1-4-0-0 against the Stars this year, the Wild won the only contest in Des Moines earlier in the season on Oct. 12. Iowa is currently in second place in the Central Division with 63 points, while Texas is sixth with 55.
The Wild saw its point streak extended to five games when the team fell to the Chicago Wolves in overtime Sunday by a score of 2-1. Forward JT Brown pushed his goal streak to three games by scoring the Wild’s lone goal in the contest. Goaltender CJ Motte stopped 11 of 13 shots in the overtime loss.
- The Wild’s 13 shots allowed against Chicago set a franchise record for the fewest by an opponent in a single game.
- The Wild’s 106 goals for on home ice leads the AHL.
- Iowa is the only team in the AHL to sport a top five power play and penalty kill at home.
- Minnesota reassigned forward Kyle Rau to Iowa on Feb. 18.
- Texas fell to the Tucson Roadrunners by a score of 4-1 on Feb. 16
- Forward Erik Condra is the Stars’ leading active scorer with 39 points (15g, 24a) in 46 games.
- Texas has outshot its opponent in 23 of its 25 road games.
- Dallas recalled forward Joel L’Esperance on Feb. 15.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.