GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TEXAS STARSMar 29, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-22-7-5; 80 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (33-29-4-3; 73 pts.)
Iowa Wild and Texas Stars face off in a two-game series in what could be the most pivotal matches for either squad this season. With just eight games remaining on the schedule, Iowa is in third place in the Central Division with 80 points while Texas is in fifth with 73 points. Iowa is 1-4-1-0 this season against the Stars, but 1-0-1-0 at Wells Fargo Arena against the club.
The Wild saw its losing streak extend to three games as the team fell to the Grand Rapids Griffins by a score of 5-2 Tuesday evening. Forward Riley Bourbonnais scored his first professional goal in Tuesday’s game, with forward Mason Shaw tallying the other goal. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 32 of 35 shots in the contest.
- Forward Kyle Rau is in the midst of a 10-game home point streak, the second longest such stretch in the AHL, and has 19 points (10g, 9a) in those games.
- With an assist in Tuesday’s contest, defenseman Brennan Menell registered his 38th point, a record for most in a single season by an Iowa blueliner.
- Iowa is 7-1-1-1 in the immediate five games following three or more successive regulation losses.
- Iowa signed defenseman Jack Sadek to an ATO on March 28.
- Texas defeated the Manitoba Moose by a score of 3-2 Wednesday evening.
- Forward Erik Condra leads the Stars with 53 points (20g, 33a) in 64 games this season.
- Defenseman Dillon Heatherington recorded his first career game-winning goal against Manitoba Wednesday night.
- Dallas recalled goaltender Landon Bow from Texas on March 28.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.