GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TUCSON ROADRUNNERSMar 20, 2019
Iowa Wild (33-19-7-5; 78 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (28-22-5-2; 63 pts.)
Iowa finishes up a two-game series against the Tucson Roadrunners tonight in Arizona. The Wild currently sit in third place in the Central Division with 78 points while the Roadrunners are in fifth place in the Pacific Division with 63 points.
The Wild fell to the Roadrunners Tuesday night by a score of 5-2, in a game that featured five consecutive penalties on the Wild and five successive goals by Tucson. Goaltender Andrew Hammond made 28 saves on 33 shots while forward Dmitry Sokolov scored his 13th goal of the year and forward Kyle Rau netted his 24th tally of the season, a new career-high.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly’s 14 points (3g, 11a) in his last seven games is his most prolific stretch of hockey since Jan. 20 – Feb. 4, 2008 (15 points (2g, 13a) in seven games).
- Forward Kyle Rau’s 17 power-play goals lead the AHL
- Iowa has converted on the power play in each of its last four games and in 10 of its last 12 contests.
- The Wild’s plus-13 scoring differential in the third period is the third-best mark in the AHL.
- Forward Michael Bunting has a four-game point streak, amassing seven points (5g, 2a) during that stretch.
- Goaltender Adin Hill has won each of his last three starts.
- Tucson has recorded 30 or more shots in each of its last seven outings.
- The Roadrunners’ 169 goals against are tied for the fourth fewest in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.