GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TUCSON ROADRUNNERSApr 2, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-24-7-5; 80 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (31-23-5-3; 70 pts.)
Iowa closes out its five-game homestand with a two-game series against the Tucson Roadrunners, starting Tuesday night. Iowa currently sits in third place in the Central Division with 80 points, while Tucson is in fifth place in the Pacific with 70 points. Iowa is 1-1-0-0 against the Roadrunners this season.
The Wild saw its losing streak extended to five games as the team fell to the Texas Stars by a score of 4-1 Saturday night. Forward Dmitry Sokolov scored his 16th of the season in the loss, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 24 of 28 shots in the contest.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell has a three-game assist streak, amassing four helpers during that stretch.
- Menell’s 39 assists are the second-most among all AHL defensemen.
- Iowa’s five-game losing streak is the longest such stretch of the season.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly ranks second in the AHL with 25 power-play assists and fourth in power-play points with 30.
- Tucson defeated the Colorado Eagles by a score of 5-2 on March 30.
- Forward Lane Pederson paces the Roadrunners with 40 points (19g, 21a) in 61 games this season.
- Tucson has earned points in seven of its last eight contests, going 6-0-1-0 during that stretch.
- Goaltender Adin Hill recorded his 50th AHL win Saturday night against Colorado.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.