GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TUCSON ROADRUNNERSApr 3, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-25-7-5; 80 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (32-23-5-3; 72 pts.)
Iowa’s five-game homestand comes to an end Wednesday as the team battles the Tucson Roadrunners for the fourth and final time this season. Iowa sits in third place in the Central Division with 80 points while Tucson is in fifth in the Pacific with 72. Iowa is 1-2-0-0 this season against the Roadrunners.
Facing a four-goal deficit, the Wild clawed back within one but ultimately had its comeback fall short as the team lost to the Roadrunners by a score of 5-4 Tuesday. Forward Will Bitten notched his first career multi-goal game, while forward Kyle Rau and defenseman Matt Bartkowski netted the other tallies for the Wild. Goaltender Andrew Hammond made 25 saves on 30 shots in the loss.
- Forward Will Bitten became the 14th Wild player this season with two or more goals in a single contest.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell has an assist in the last seven home games for the Wild, the second-longest active streak in the league.
- Iowa’s 28.5% power play at home is the best mark in the AHL.
- The Wild is one of two teams in the AHL to have two players with 40 or more assists (other: Chicago Wolves).
- Forward Brayden Burke became the sixth rookie in team history to hit 30 points with two assists Tuesday night.
- Burke currently has a three-game point streak and has five points (1g, 4a) during that stretch.
- Forward Michael Bunting has five points (3g, 2a) in three games against the Wild this season.
- Tucson has a plus-124 shot advantage in the third period, the best margin in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.