GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 3.30.18Mar 30, 2018
Iowa Wild (30-23-9-6; 75 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (36-19-5-1; 78 pts.)
Iowa Wild returns home for a four-game stretch at Wells Fargo Arena, beginning with back-to-back contests against Tucson Roadrunners. The two clubs met earlier this season in Arizona for the first time in both teams’ history, where Iowa went 0-1-1-0. The Roadrunners are first in the Pacific Division, while the Wild is in fifth place in the Central Division.
The Wild saw its losing streak extend to six games, as the team fell to Chicago Wolves 3-1 Wednesday night at Allstate Arena. Forward Zack Mitchell scored the only goal of the game for the Wild, a shorthanded tally on a breakaway. Goaltender Niklas Svedberg suffered the loss.
- Forward Zack Mitchell’s goal against the Wolves was just the second shorthanded tally for Iowa this season.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly is tied for fourth in the AHL in assists with 43.
- Friday’s game will be the first at Wells Fargo Arena in the history of the two franchises.
- Iowa Wild reassigned forwards Pavel Jenys and Jack Walker to Rapid City of the ECHL Thursday afternoon.
- Tucson fell to San Jose 3-2 at SAP Center on March 25.
- The Roadrunners are led by forward Carter Camper, who has 57 points (15g, 42a) in 64 games played.
- Forward Mike Sislo is in the midst of a four-game point streak and has 10 points (6g, 4a) in his last nine games.
- Goaltender Hunter Miska is unbeaten in his last four appearances, going 3-0-0-0 with a 0.84 goals against average and a .964 save percentage.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Tucson 3/31 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Cleveland 4/3 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 4/5 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 4/8 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Rockford 4/10 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.