GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS SAN DIEGO GULLSJan 29, 2022
Iowa Wild (17-16-2-2; 38 pts.) vs San Diego Gulls (13-17-2-0; 28 pts.)
Iowa and San Diego play for the second time in as many nights on Saturday, Jan. 29. The Wild emerged victorious in the first meeting of the season between the two teams on Friday, Jan. 28.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
The Wild defeated the Gulls by a score of 3-2 on Friday, Jan. 28. Wild forward Bryce Gervais led the way for Iowa, recording a goal and an assist in the contest. Iowa forward Mason Shaw scored the game’s first goal and Iowa defenseman Keaton Thompson scored his first goal of the season. In net, Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre turned in another solid performance, making 28 saves on 30 San Diego shots to secure the win.
- Wild forward Mason Shaw has recorded six points (4-2=6) in his last five games.
- Iowa owns a record of 4-4-0-1 against Pacific Division opponents this season.
- Wild forward Bryce Gervais’ goal on Jan. 28 was his first AHL goal since Feb. 27, 2018 with Chicago.
- Iowa defenseman Joe Hicketts has recorded an assist in two consecutive games.
- Gulls goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek has allowed three or more goals in four consecutive games.
- San Diego forward Benoit-Olivier Groulx has recorded a point in his last three games.
- The Gulls own a minus-20 goal differential on the season.
- San Diego averages the fewest shots per game (25.03) in the AHL.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.