GAME PREVIEW - IOWA AT CLEVELAND 12.20.17Dec 19, 2017
Iowa Wild (14-9-5-1; 34 pts.) at Cleveland Monsters (8-11-3-2; 21 pts.)
Iowa Wild plays its fifth and final game of the road trip with a 6:00 p.m. CT puck drop against Cleveland Wednesday. The Wild has won each of the three previous meetings between the two clubs this season, earning 6-1, 3-2 (SO) and 3-0 victories. Iowa is 17-11-2-1 all-time against Cleveland with a 9-5-1-0 record at Quicken Loans Arena.
C.J. Motte made his Iowa Wild debut Monday against Cleveland, where he stopped 34 shots for his first professional shutout. Winger Sam Anas extended his point streak to seven games with the Wild’s first goal of the game. Anas has registered 10 points (6g, 4a) during his streak. Defenseman Brennan Menell and Zach Palmquist added the other two goals in the game, securing Iowa’s first shutout since October 13 against the Ontario Reign.
- Winger Sam Anas has collected 10 points (6g, 4a) during his seven-game point streak.
- Iowa has scored at least one power-play goal in seven consecutive games and eight of the last nine matches.
- C.J. Motte registered his first professional shutout with the Wild’s 3-0 win Monday.
- Motte is the fourth goaltender to earn a start for the Wild during the 2017-18 season.
- Monday’s game was the fifth time this season the Monsters failed to score.
- Cleveland has just one win in its last 10 games.
- The Monsters have 21 points on the season and sit 6th in the Central Division.
- Center Carter Camper leads the Monsters in scoring with 16 points (5g, 11a) in 24 games played.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Grand Rapids 12/22 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Rockford 12/28 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 12/29 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 1/1 12:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 1/5 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio