GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT BAKERSFIELD CONDORSJan 11, 2020
Iowa Wild (21-12-3-2; 47 pts.) at Bakersfield Condors (15-14-4-1; 35 pts.)
Iowa begins the second half of its season with a contest against the Bakersfield Condors Saturday night at Mechanics Bank Arena. Iowa heads into the game sitting in second place in the Central Division with 47 points while Bakersfield is in fifth place in the Pacific Division with 35 points. All-time, Iowa is 4-2-2-0 against Bakersfield, including a 2-1-0-0 record in California.
The Wild fell to the San Diego Gulls in overtime by a score of 4-3 Friday night at Pechanga Arena. Forwards Gerry Mayhew, Connor Dewar and Sam Anas all scored goals in the contest, with Mayhew’s tally moving his total to 24, most in the AHL. Goaltender Mat Robson made his third consecutive start, stopping 30 of 34 shots in the contest.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has earned a point in each of his last 10 contests, tying the franchise record for longest point streak.
- Mayhew or forward Sam Anas has scored a goal in each of Iowa’s last seven contests, where the team has gone 5-1-1-0 in those games.
- Mayhew’s .75 goals per game are the best mark in the AHL (min: 5 GP).
- Iowa’s 21 wins by the midway point of the season are the most in franchise history and the team’s 47 points are tied for the most by Game 38.
- Bakersfield defeated the Ontario Reign by a score of 5-3 Friday night.
- Forward Tyler Benson paces the Condors with 31 points (8g, 23a) in 34 games this season.
- Benson recorded his 100th AHL point in his 106th contest on Friday night.
- Bakersfield’s five home wins are tied for the fewest in the league (other: Ontario).
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.