GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT BAKERSFIELD CONDORSJan 14, 2020
Iowa Wild (21-13-3-2; 47 pts.) at Bakersfield Condors (16-14-4-1; 37 pts.)
Iowa closes out its five-game road trip with a contest against the Bakersfield Condors, the final of four meetings between the two clubs this season. Iowa currently sits in second place in the Central Division with 47 points while Bakersfield is in fourth place in the Pacific Division with 37 points.
The Wild held a 2-1 lead in the third period but eventually fell to the Condors by a score of 5-2 Saturday evening. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made 22 saves on 26 shots in just his fourth regulation loss this season, while forwards Kyle Rau and Dmitry Sokolov both potted goals in the contest.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen’s five losses are the second-fewest of any qualified netminder in the AHL.
- Iowa’s 16 shots for were the fewest in a contest since March 1, 2019, also at Bakersfield.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew’s 10 power-play goals are second-most in the AHL.
- Iowa’s 16 wins and 34 points when outshooting its opponent are both the best marks in the league.
- Bakersfield’s -15 goal differential is the worst of any team in a playoff position in the AHL.
- The Condors are currently riding a six-game point streak at home, the second-longest active streak in the AHL.
- Defenseman Jake Kulevich’s two goals this season have both been game-winners.
- Bakersfield’s power-play is 6-for-11 in its last three games and has included two 5-on-3 tallies.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.