GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVESApr 30, 2021
Iowa Wild (12-11-4-0; 28 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (17-5-1-2; 37 pts.)
Iowa tilts with Chicago for the last two games of their season series Friday and Saturday night in Chicago.
Iowa heads east after splitting a weekend series with the Rockford IceHogs at Wells Fargo Arena on Apr. 23 and 24. The Wild topped the IceHogs on Friday night, 3-2, and fell on Saturday night, 5-3. Chicago’s most recent contest was a 4-2 victory over the Grand Rapids Griffins on Thursday, Apr. 29 in Grand Rapids. The last time the Wild and the Wolves clashed was on Apr. 10 at Wells Fargo Arena. Chicago won the game, in overtime, 5-4.
- Iowa’s 6-2-1-0 record in April is the best record of any month this season for Iowa.
- Rookie forward Matt Boldy played his first seven pro games in April, and four have been multi-point games.
- Forward Connor Dewar leads all Wild skaters in goals with 12, has goals in three straight games and five total in April.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has three goals and six assists for nine points in his last seven games played.
THE WOLVES WIRE
- Friday night’s game with Iowa marks the first Wolves’ home game since Apr. 3, a record 27 days away from home.
- Dating back to Saturday’s game in Cleveland, the Wolves are in the midst of a six-game in eight days stretch.
- Defenseman Josh Healey leads all AHL skaters in fighting majors with two of six against Iowa.
- Chicago’s 4.16 goals per game average is on pace to break a franchise record for GPG in a season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.