GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVESMay 1, 2021
Iowa Wild (12-12-4-0; 28 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (18-5-1-2; 39 pts.)
Iowa clashes with the Chicago Wolves for the final time this season on Saturday night in Chicago. The Wolves have won six of the previous seven games heading into the season series finale.
FRIDAY IN THE WINDY CITY
Chicago topped Iowa for the sixth time this season with a 4-1 win on Friday night at Triphahn Center Ice Arena. Iowa scored first with a goal by defenseman Turner Ottenbreit, but the Wolves scored the next four goals on way to victory. Chicago forward Sheldon Rempal turned in a goal and an assist on the night, while Wolves’ goaltender Beck Warm stopped 26 of 27 shots in the win. Saturday night’s contest is the final game of an eight-game season series with Chicago.
- Iowa leads all AHL clubs in penalty minutes with 481 PIMS and has drawn the most opponent PIMS with 470.
- In seven games between Iowa and Chicago this season, the two clubs have racked up a combined 426 penalty minutes.
- Forward Will Bitten scored the lone goal Friday night, ending the month with four goals and five assists in ten games.
- Rookie forward Nick Swaney made his professional debut Friday night in Chicago.
THE WOLVES WIRE
- Chicago is nine points shy of clinching the Central Division title for this season.
- Defenseman Josh Healey is the only Wolves player to appear in all 26 games this season for Chicago.
- Defenseman Max Lajoie had an assist on Friday, extending his point streak to four games with seven total points in that span.
- Dating back to Mar. 27, Chicago has won four straight games at home.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.