GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINSApr 17, 2021
Iowa Wild (10-10-4-0; 24 pts.) at Grand Rapids Griffins (9-6-2-0; 20 pts.)
Iowa and Grand Rapids collide for the final tilt of a four-game season series Saturday night at Van Andel Arena. Grand Rapids has the series lead two games to one heading into the conclusion of the season series.
FRIDAY’S FEVERISH FINISH
The Wild’s eight-game point streak ended Friday night in Grand Rapids as the Griffins topped the Wild 5-4 at Van Andel Arena. The third period featured eight combined goals between the two teams, including four straight from Iowa followed by two straight from Grand Rapids. The Griffins snapped a three-game losing streak in the win and it was their first game since Apr. 3 against Cleveland.
- Iowa’s back-to-back goals 14 seconds apart in the third period set a franchise record for fastest two goals.
- Rookie forward Matt Boldy recorded a goal and an assist for his second multi-point game in four pro contests.
- Eight combined goals is the most in a single period of any Iowa Wild game this season.
- Overcoming a 3-0 deficit in the third period Friday night marked the largest comeback of the season for Iowa.
GRAND RAPIDS REPORT
- With a home record of 3-0-2, Grand Rapids has earned at least a point in every game at home this season.
- For the fourth straight game, Grand Rapids gave up four goals against.
- Grand Rapids killed three Iowa power plays Friday night and have killed all seven Wild power plays in the season series.
- Friday night’s game began a stretch of four home games in six nights for the Griffins.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.