GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSEOct 18, 2019
Iowa Wild (3-0-0-1; 7 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (1-3-0-0; 2 pts.)
For the first time this season, the Wild hit the road as the team takes on the Manitoba Moose in Winnipeg Friday night. Iowa heads into the contest with seven points in four games, the best start in team history, and is currently tied for first in the Central Division. Meanwhile, Manitoba is seventh in the Central with two points.
Iowa closed out its four-game homestand with a 2-1 loss in the shootout to the Texas Stars on Oct. 12. Goaltender Mat Robson made his pro debut in the contest, stopping 32 of 33 shots, second-most for any rookie goaltender in his first game. Forward Gabriel Dumont scored the lone goal for the Wild, his third of the season.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont’s three goals through four games is his best start to a season since 2016.
- Iowa outscored Manitoba 18-8 last season and took seven of eight points in the season series.
- Defenseman Louie Belpedio ranks third among all blueliners in shots with 16 on the season.
- Iowa is one of three teams who have yet to score the first goal of any game this season (other: Belleville and Wilkes/Barre-Scranton).
- Manitoba fell to the Toronto Marlies by a score of 4-0 on Oct. 12.
- The Moose are paced by forward Logan Shaw, who has four points (2g, 2a) in four games.
- Manitoba is one of four teams who have yet to score a power-play goal this season.
- Friday’s contest begins a stretch of 13 consecutive games against divisional opponents for the Moose.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.