GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSEMar 7, 2020
Iowa Wild (36-17-4-3; 79 pts.) at Manitoba Moose (26-32-1-0; 53 pts.)
Iowa continues its six-game road trip with a pair of contests against the Manitoba Moose, starting with the fifth game of the season series between the two clubs. Iowa currently sits in second place in the Central Division with 79 points while Manitoba is in last place in the Central with 53 points. This season, Iowa holds a 4-0-0-0 record against the Moose.
The Wild suffered a 5-1 loss to the San Jose Barracuda, giving the team back-to-back losses for the first time since Jan. 10-11. Forward JT Brown scored the lone goal for the Wild, his ninth of the season. Goaltender Mat Robson made his first start since Feb. 15 and stopped 26 of 31 shots in the loss.
- Iowa has earned points in 11 straight contests against the Moose, going 9-0-2-0 during that stretch.
- Iowa has scored six power-play goals in its last five games.
- Iowa failed to score a 5-on-5 goal in consecutive games for the first time since Dec. 7-10, 2019.
- Iowa’s 24 wins when outshooting its opponent are tied for the most in the AHL.
- Manitoba won in overtime by a score of 4-3 against the Chicago Wolves on March 1.
- Forward Seth Griffith leads the Moose with 41 points (21g, 20a) in 56 games this season.
- Griffith has five points (1g, 4a) in his last two games.
- Forward JC Lipon played in his 450th AHL contest on March 1.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.