GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSEMar 7, 2020
Iowa Wild (36-17-4-4; 80 pts.) at Manitoba Moose (27-32-1-0; 55 pts.)
Iowa and Manitoba will rematch less than 24 hours after their previous battle as the two teams square off at Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg Sunday afternoon. Iowa heads into the contest in second place in the Central Division with 80 points, six points off Milwaukee for first, while Manitoba is in eighth place in the division with 55 points, just six points out of a playoff spot.
The Wild and Moose traded goals until forward JC Lipon ultimately secured the victory for Manitoba in the shootout in a 4-3 win Saturday evening. Forwards Luke Johnson, Manitoba native Cody McLeod and Kyle Rau all scored goals for the Wild while goaltender Mat Robson made 32 saves on 35 shots, extending his winless streak to three games.
- Iowa’s 12-game point streak versus Manitoba is the longest active point streak against any other opponent.
- Forward Sam Anas’ 67 points this season tied former Iowa center Cal O’Reilly’s single-season points record.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell broke his own record for points by a defenseman with his 42nd point Saturday against Manitoba.
- In each of Iowa’s last seven contests, the team that scores first has gone on to win the game.
- Twelve of forward Cole Maier’s 15 points this season have come at Bell MTS Place.
- Each of Manitoba’s last four games have been one-goal contests, with the Moose earning a 3-0-1-0 record during that stretch.
- Forward Daniel Brickley made his Manitoba debut Saturday after being loaned to the Moose by the Reign on March 2.
- Manitoba’s .900 win percentage in overtime and shootout contests is the best mark in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.