GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSE 3.4.18Mar 4, 2018
Iowa Wild (26-17-8-4; 64 pts.) at Manitoba Moose (35-15-4-3; 77 pts.)
Iowa Wild faces off against the Moose for the last time in Winnipeg for the 2017-18 season Sunday afternoon. The Wild have had a good amount of success at Bell MTS Place, owning an 8-2-1-0 record against the Moose on the road during the past five seasons.
The Wild dropped its fourth game in five tries to the Moose in a 5-4 overtime defeat. Forward Ryan White scored his first goal in a Wild sweater, while forwards Zack Mitchell, Cal O’Reilly and Sam Anas all chipped in to erase a 4-1 deficit. The comeback bid fell short, though, as Manitoba found the back of the net for the extra point.
- Forward Sam Anas has seven points (3g, 4a) in four games against Manitoba this season.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has 45 points on the season (10g, 35a), one point shy of the franchise record for points in a single season.
- Defenseman Viktor Loov recorded his first point in a Wild sweater with an assist on Mitchell’s goal.
- Iowa has the 7th ranked road power play, converting 20.2 percent of the time.
- Goaltender Steve Mason started the game for Manitoba in a conditioning stint, where he stopped 18 of 22 shots.
- Sami Niku leads all AHL rookie defenseman in points with 40 (10g, 30a) in 57 games.
- Forward Brendan Lemieux has three multi-goal games in his last four appearances and seven goals in his last five contests.
- Manitoba Moose signed Brett Welychka to an ATO on March 3.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Texas 3/7 7:30 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at San Antonio 3/9 7:30 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Manitoba 3/11 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 3/13 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 3/14 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.