GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 1, 2019
Iowa Wild (6-1-1-1; 14 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (4-2-1-2; 11 pts.)
Iowa heads to Milwaukee to face the Admirals for the second of six times this season and the first meeting between the two clubs at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena in the 2019-20 season. The Wild are first in the Central Division with 14 points while the Admirals are fifth in the division with 11 points.
The Wild gutted out a 4-3 overtime victory against the Grand Rapids Griffins Wednesday evening, capping off the organization’s most successful October in team history. Fresh off NHL stints, forwards Gerry Mayhew and Gabriel Dumont both recorded two goals in the contest. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen tied a franchise record with his fifth consecutive win, stopping 35 of 38 shots in the game.
- Gerry Mayhew’s 1.80 points per game leads all skaters with at least five appearances this season.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell’s eight assists rank second among all blueliners in the AHL.
- Iowa’s five wins and 11 points after allowing the first goal are the top marks in the AHL.
- Wednesday’s contest was the first time since March 1, 2018 where the Wild earned a victory without scoring a 5-on-5 goal.
- Milwaukee defeated the Texas Stars by a score of 6-2 Tuesday night.
- Forward Laurent Dauphin leads the team with six points (3g, 3a) in six games.
- Goaltender Troy Grosenick’s 1.40 goals against average ranks third in the AHL and his .955 save percentage is second.
- Nashville recalled forward Colin Blackwell from Milwaukee on Oct. 29.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.